Monday, October 20, 2008

Estetisk make-up station


My wife and I moved into a new house with a somewhat small master bedroom and one bathroom. The small bathroom has little space for two pe
ople to use at the same time, so I decided to make a nice tidy make-up station for my wife in the far corner of our bedroom.
I used an unfinished ESTETISK compact disc cabinet mounted to the wall with an old wall-mount mirror above.





The lighting is a hardware store three-light setup which originally was a flush-mounted unit made to be hard-wired to household electricity. Since we rent the home, I decided to use the included wire nuts to connect a DIMMA in-line dimmer so she could adjust the light to suit her mood.



To the right, the MOLGER wooden hooks were used for hanging necklaces and bracelets, keeping them close at hand. The whole setup looks nice and neat. The cabinet's door flips down to be used as a temporary shelf while getting ready, and looks nice and clean when closed.

No comments: